Image Map

Friday, February 27, 2015

Monstrous Party



Hi there! It's Fabby Friday time again over at Tiddly Inks. And for my card I decided to use one of my favourite Tiddly Inks images - Monstrous Party. I have ALWAYS used this for boy cards, and coloured it with "boy" colours. And as I sat there wondering how I could make another card with it, I thought I would go completely different and make a girl card! After all, girls can like monsters too right?? I hunted out some paper first so I could decide what colours to do the monsters. I found this cool dot paper (it has a glossy finish over the dots), in a paper pad by Kaisercraft - Cherry Blossom. No I must confess, my lightest pink copic that I was using for the middle monster was too dry and I could barely colour the whole monster in. It looked streaky and horrible, so I decided to cover the worst parts with dots from the next two shades up. I was happy enough with that so after I coloured the green one in, I decided to add some stripes to him too! Now I wanted to make this card as girly as possible, so I thought, lace, sequins and a doily would be perfect :) The sequins in the shaker are from Papertrey Ink's shakers and sprinkles card kit, they matched perfectly! And, I won't keep you much longer, the only other thing to note, is that I was unsure where to put my sentiment. I originally thought over the monsters, but my husband said it covered too much of them. Do you often ask your husbands for card advice!!! Haha! I still liked the idea so I trimmed it as small as it could go, and cut around the green monsters hand with a craft knife and put the sentiment under there so he looks like he's holding it!
Anyway, enough about me, go and check the other design team girls creations on the challenge blog for some more Tiddly inspiration!!
Have an awesome weekend xx

Stamps: Monstrous Party (Tiddly Inks - digital)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento), Copic Markers
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It
Papers: Cherry Blossom (Kaisercraft), Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper (Stampin Up)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink sequins, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, Spotlight lace & doily, Kaisercraft crystals, dazzling diamonds, Taylored Expressions Pennant Border die

3 comments:

  1. So cool that your made a girly card with this image. And a shaker too - way awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have used these monsters and made a girly card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those monsters are such fun to colour aren't they! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete