Image Map

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Boo!


I'm from Australia, and although each year there is more and more Halloween stuff in the shops, I still don't think it's quite caught on here. We had our first trick or treaters last year and I wasn't prepared! I had to give them muesli bars (probably similar to a granola bar?)! Not very exciting for the kids! Haha. I have already bought some treats this year so I'll be ready this time! Regardless of our lack of Halloween experience here, I do always enjoy seeing all the Halloween cards and crafts you guys make over there in the US. When I saw Tiddly Inks had a unique Halloween challenge I decided to enter, and make my first ever Halloween card!!!! As you can imagine I was a little low on Halloween supplies, but I think it turned out ok? I love those monsters. I think they are adorable. I coloured them with copic markers, and added some silver dazzling diamonds to the balloon. I have no Halloween sentiments so just made a BOO with some die cut letters :)

Stamps: Monstrous Party (Tiddly Inks digital)
Ink:    -
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It. Basic Grey, Smokey Slate (Stampin Up)
Papers:    -
Accessories: Lawn Fawn speech bubble border die, Stampin Up Silver dazzling diamonds & Smokey Slate marker pen, edge distressor

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine not having Halloween. My daughter loves getting all dressed up every year. Most of the candy ends up being thrown out, simply because there is always so much, but it's just fun trick-or-treating. Glad you get to enjoy it over there, now! :) Your first Halloween card is super cute! Love the speech bubble and die cut letters. Thanks for joining us in the Tiddly Inks Non-Traditional Halloween Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job for you first Halloween card! I love the gray message balloon along with sweetly colored monsters, so cute. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks for our "Non-Traditional Halloween Color" Challenge, best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Australia too, and I really do love this card! Thank you so much for playing along at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete