Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

Thanks Dad


When gold started becoming the new trend, I bought up on all the new papers and accessories, and I must say, I haven't used much of them. I think I'm into the gold embellishments more so than the papers, but nevertheless I am starting to get through the papers finally too. I was asked to do a feature on simple masculine cards in last months Simply Cards (Australia) magazine, and it involved 6 cards. So to change up the looks I paired this gold paper with kraft cardstock. I used MFT stacking stars die to cut several stars from the paper, and also did the same with some black cardstock. I mixed and matched them on top of each other and adhered them in no particular order to the card. I used the Thanks Dad sentiment from Avery Elle on a hand cut banner.

Stamps: The Man (Avery Elle), Tiny Dot (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento), Crumb Cake (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black (Stampin Up)
Papers: Charmed Metallic Print (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Hemptique twine, Tim Holtz edge distressor, Spotlight buttons, MFT Stacking Stars die

No comments:

Post a Comment