Image Map

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

6 Quick Female Birthday Cards


                                                                   

Hi there! In this month's Simply Card's magazine, I have these 6 cards featured. The challenge was to create 6 quick female birthday cards using the Storyteller collection by Kaisercraft. I loooove this collection, and it was very easy to put together 6 co-ordinating cards with it! The card above was super quick to create. I used the Papertrey Ink cover plate die with some Soft Sky cardstock, and added a few layers with some of the die cuts that accompany the Storyteller collection. So easy with such a beautiful result. For the one on the right I stamped flowers from the Doodle Flowers stamp set in versamark and used white embossing powder. I hand cut them and arranged them down the left side of the card.

For this Happy Birthday card above I wanted a little bit of a different look for the background so I chose a soft striped pattern, but I then heat embossed a dot background stamp over it in clear embossing ink. It just looks so pretty in person. I added some of my favourite lace and a cute banner at the top. For the card on the right I used a Papertrey ink birthday die as the main focal point, but used some of those gorgeous die cuts from the collection in each corner. For a bit of extra pop I added a Prima flower on the bottom left and some white pearls on the flower die cut on the top right.
The card above is probably my favourite of the set. Only because I love the floral background paper! It was a bit bold for what I wanted so I added a piece of vellum behind the cupcake to tone it down. I love vellum and I do this often on my cards. In this case, it just makes the cupcake stand out a bit more. For the one on the right I used Taylored Expressions "It's Your Birthday" stamp and coloured it very lightly with a copic marker. I paper pieced the balloons with some of the peach coloured paper. I used a die cut frame, flower and border from the Storyteller collection to add some extra layers.



Stamps: Cupcake Collection (Papertrey Ink), Birthday Greetings, Polka Dot Greetings (My Favourite Things), It's Your Birthday (Taylored Expressions), Yummy Treats, Dot background (Hero Arts), Tiny Dot (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento), Copic markers
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Soft Sky (Stampin Up)
Papers: Storyteller (Kaisercraft), Vellum
Accessories: Storyteller die cuts (Kaisercraft), Prima flower, Papertrey Ink birthday die & Twist cover plate die, Stampin Up buttons and twine, Kaisercraft pearls, Spellbinders circle & scallop circle die, Taylored Expressions pennant die, Spotlight lace, White embossing powder, Heat gun, Thickers white chipboard letters

No comments:

Post a Comment