Image Map

Monday, April 14, 2014

Roar


Just like my son, his best friend loooooves dinosaurs. And his favourite colour is orange, so I decided to make an orange dinosaur card for his birthday, of course! I really need a new dinosaur stamp set because the only one I have is this Stampin Up one, and I can only give the same kids the same dinosaurs on their cards maybe twice??? Anyway, for this card I used this cool star paper from an old My Mind's Eye collection, and used a circle of vellum over the top right corner. I love adding vellum over part of a bold print. Sometimes the print is a bit much without it! I coloured the T-Rex in copic markers and used dimensionals to pop him up a bit so he looked like he was standing in the grass. And yes.....I finally got myself a grass die, so no more hand cutting! Yay!

Stamps: Dinoroar (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso (Stampin Up)
Papers: Fly A Kite (My Mind's Eye), Glimmer paper (Stampin Up)
Accessories: Stampin Up button, Hemptique twine, brown marker pen, Spellbinders circle die, Page banner strip die & Big numbers dies (My Favourite Things), Pinking Circle Stacklets & Grass Border dies(Taylored Expressions)

No comments:

Post a Comment