Image Map

Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Diva Dare Challenge

This sketch is for Viva La Verve April Week 4, and boy was it a challenge! I sat at my desk for probably half an hour before I came up with anything decent! But I decided to take on a second challenge - the April Diva Dare challenge, to use kraft, corrugated cardboard or chipboard on your card, and that got the creative juices flowing! I used a crimper on some kraft cardstock for the arrows, as well as distressed the edges and sponged them with white ink. The flower is a prima flower, but the centre was a bit ugly, so I ripped it off and stuck on a small prima rose on it instead. If I could sew, I would've stitched the edges, but instead I just paper pierced :( Going to sew on a card before the end of May. That's my new goal! Anyway, i didn't want a large sentiment on the card so I used a small Happy Birthday from Verve's "Big Wish" stamp set.

Stamps: Big Wish (Verve)
Ink: Crumb Cake, White craft ink (both Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Kraft (Stampin Up)
Papers: This & That (Echo Park)
Accessories: Prima flowers, Buttons (bag-o-buttons), Stampin Up twine, Lace (unknown)

2 comments:

  1. this is super adorable Michelle, luv the crimped arrows...thanks for plating along with us and taking the dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the kraft on white! OH my! And what a great idea to replace the flower center!! Why didn't I think of that!! I'm going to do it ASAP!! Thanks for answering our dare this month :)

    ReplyDelete